Last news

NEWS

Kenya-Tanzania highway works to start 2020

African Bank funding ready in few months

20-06-2019 by redazione

Finally, the African Development Bank (AfDB) has agreed: Work on the construction of the transnational highway between Kenya and neighbouring Tanzania will begin at the beginning of 2020.
"The funding for the 460 km road that will connect the towns of Bagamoyo and Malindi will be approved in September - announced the Bank's Director General, Gabriel Negatu - Both the government of Kenya and that of Tanzania have developed all the requirements to open construction sites for the construction of the coastal highway.
Negatu has confirmed that the Kenya-Tanzania transnational highway should cost 75.1 billion Kenyan shillings.
On the Kenyan side the 4-lane road will start from Malindi, will cross Mombasa to Lunga Lunga, on the border with Tanzania. From here it will continue to Tanga and Bagamoyo.
The transnational highway is one of the infrastructure projects to which the East African Community is giving priority. The AfDB will finance 70 percent of the coastal highway, while the governments of Kenya and Tanzania will cover the remaining 30 percent.

TAGS: autostrada kenyastrade kenyabagamoyo malindibanca africana

Good news for the Bagamoyo-Malindi motorway: the feasibility studies are almost complete and the African Development Bank (AFDB) is looking for financial partners to find the...

READ ALL THE REVIEW

Kenya, is revolution in the highways, with funding already approved and others coming to connect large cities and cross the country with ...

READ ALL THE ARTICLE

by redazione

by redazione

The highway that connects Malindi to the Tanzanian border, that is, to Lungalunga Customs, is no longer just an idea.
The 4-lane route that will connect on one side to the existing beautiful roads leading from the Tanzanian border to...

READ ALL THE REVIEW

Despite the political crisis and the wait for elections. bis, the government does not stop and continues its plans to upgrade the roads along the coast.
Last Monday, the Deputy Minister of Transport and Infrastructure John Mosonik attended

READ ALL THE REVIEW

Pending wider projects and the financing by the African Bank for the four-lane motorway that will...

READ ALL THE ARTICLE

The launch Bagamoyo-Malindi highway is not far. The presidents of Kenya and Tanzania, Uhuru Kenyatta and John Magufuli, as part of the resumption of relations between the two neighboring countries, relaunched the project aside in 2014 to join the Swahili...

READ ALL THE REVIEW

The project was announced yesterday by Kenya's Minister of Transport James Macharia, who after signing the agreement with colleagues from South Sudan and Ethiopia, contracted two different

READ ALL THE REVIEW

by redazione

by redazione

It will be an American firm, the Betchel of San Francisco, to build the fast multi-lane highway from Mombasa to Nairobi.
The agreement, signed yesterday by the National Company Keniota Autostrade (KENHA) and the company that has won the contract, thanks...

READ ALL THE REVIEW

by redazione

by redazione

After the election turbillon and reconfirmed Uhuru Kenyatta as leader of the nation, the country is about to start where it stopped a few weeks ago.
The "Vision 2030" of Kenyatta's Jubilee Party and its deputy William Ruto, who will...

READ ALL THE REVIEW

by redazione